My little brother has decided to study Arabic. The occasion has me considering what I would do if I had the chance to do it over again.
2. I would hire a speaking tutor to meet with at least once per week.
3. I would study dialect for the first six weeks spent in any Arabic-speaking country.
4. I would keep a notebook with me and write down a list of words that I would like to know.
5. I would look up in a dictionary, or ask my tutor, how to say the words in number 4.
6. I would take every opportunity that I could to speak.
7. I would read more Arabic poetry. I always liked the selections in this book.
8. I would keep looking for a good grammar book. I have heard good things about this one.
9. I would write many more sentences every time I learned new grammar rules or new words.
10. I would do the Master of Arts in Arab Studies at Georgetown.